What You Need to Bring

At your appointment, you must bring

  1. Government-issued photo ID for you (and your spouse, if Married Filing Jointly)

  2. Social security card for you (and your spouse, if Married Filing Jointly)

  3. Social security cards or ITIN numbers for each of the dependents named on your return. (For ITIN numbers, please bring the issuing letter.)

  4. Your completed Info Packet for the site you are going to. This info packet will contain, at a minimum:

And, you will also want to bring:

  1. Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit or debit. (Bring a voided check, not a deposit ticket.) Using your bank account is the fastest way to get your refund.

  2. Any letters or other documentation received from IRS that mention : a) any Economic Impact or Recovery Rebate payements received for 2021 and/or b) any Advanced Child Tax Credit payments received during 2021

  3. Your 2020 and 2019 tax returns.

  4. All your other normal tax documents. Check your last tax return and make certain that you either have a tax form from every organization from which you received one in the prior year, or know why you do not have that form this year.

To see a list and explanation of those possible documents, click here.

If you are self-employed, please bring:

  1. Completed Self-Employment Schedule C worksheet

  2. Completed SE COVID Worksheet

  3. Supporting documentation for your expenses and income

If you or members of your household had education expenses this year, please bring:

  1. Completed Education Credits Worksheet

  2. Any documentation for tuition paid, such as Form 1098-T from the educational institution as well as a copy of the student's financial account statement.

If you think you may be able to itemize your deductions, please bring:

  1. Completed 2021 Itemized Deduction worksheet

Note: In order to itemize your deductions, they should total more than the standard deduction.

In 2021, the standard deduction is:

  • Single or Married Filing Separately $12,550 (or $14,250 if over age 65)

  • Married $25,100 (or $26,450 if one spouse is over 65; $27,800 if both spouses are over 65)

  • Head of Household $18,800 (or $20,500 if over 65)